Early Learning Center/Before & After School Enrichment Programs
Our Lady of Fatima’s Early Learning Center (ELC) recognizes the importance of educating the “whole child” in a secure learning environment. Through active learning, children are introduced and have the opportunity to experience a variety of developmentally age-appropriate activities. Our “hands-on” approach fosters a curiosity and eagerness for learning. The teacher’s role is to support and guide young children through their active learning adventures and experiences. Catholic values and teachings are incorporated in the daily curriculum standards of the ELC.
Three Year Old Preschool Program
Preschool provides a warm and loving environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual needs of each child. We plan developmentally appropriate activities and value play as an avenue for learning. We believe each child is unique and special and we encourage self-esteem and individuality.
Preschoolers are introduced to a variety of skills such as counting, shapes, colors, and days of the week based on the Archdiocese of Denver’s Preschool curriculum guidelines. Children also participate in daily prayer and weekly Mass.
Our Preschool program has a minimum of two mornings per week. The program runs from 8 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Four Year Old Pre-Kindergarten Program
The emphasis for the four year old Pre-Kindergarten program continues to focus on the value of social skills with the introduction of developmentally appropriate Kindergarten readiness skills. In accordance of the Archdiocese of Denver curriculum, opportunities for the child’s growth and development are provided to:
- Continue the development of communication and social skills.
- Continue recognition and adding writing of numbers one to ten, and introduce alphabet recognition and writing.
- Practice individual and cooperative responsibility within the classroom and self-help skills; and the use of appropriate manners.
- Learn to work together, share with others, and live cooperatively in the world and Christian community.
- Foster and promote a positive attitude towards learning.
- Allow each child to develop through age appropriate classroom activities.
To enter this class the child should be four years old by October 1st of that school year. You may register your child to participate four or five days (Mondays through Thursdays or Mondays through Fridays). Class is offered half day from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00.
- Start of Class – welcome, prayer, Pledge of Allegiance, group discussion, song/story, discuss plan for the day and introduction of “Letter of the Week”
- Centers – children make decisions about their learning through play with math manipulatives, science discovery, social studies, arts and crafts, dramatic play, block building
- Snack – wash hands, prayer, clean up tables
- Outdoor/Indoor Activity Time – large motor activities, social development
- Teacher directed activities – Religion, language development, show & tell, story, discussion, hands-on learning
- Music, stories, review of class session
- Noon Dismissal – students are dismissed to parents or eat lunch and then go to Extended Day
Before and After School Enrichment (BASE) Program
BASE is open on school days from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Any student registered at Our Lady of Fatima School may be signed up for BASE. BASE is also open on some days when school is not in session.
Students registered in Preschool or Pre-Kindergarten in the mornings may register for the full day with the BASE program.
Before school care is from 7:00 to 7:50. After school care is from 2:50 to 6:00. Parents may sign up for regular care or on a drop-in basis. We provide an after school snack, time to complete homework, and free time with various activities.
This program is licensed Through the Colorado Department of Human Services for Early Childhood Education.